Wednesday, January 7, 2015

[Book Release] Fairest and All Fall Down!

     A few updates!
     Number one being that I am almost done with Only Yesterday. This book has been super fun to read, guys. Like, it's a history book and I'm cracking up reading it. More on that in the review. ;)
     Number two...I am ashamed. I completely forgot to mention Fairest and All Fall Down in my TBR post!
     I've been looking forward to these since they were announced!

Fairest (Marissa Meyer) and All Fall Down (Ally Carter): Predictions and Excitement

Fairest
     Back in April, I read the first three books in The Lunar Chronicles (Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress). They were recommended to me by my cousin and her friend, by my aunt, and by various positive reviews I read. So I requested the first one from the library.
     And the second.
     And I begged my friend to loan me the third.
     And I read them all in under a month, only to find out that the third, Winter, wouldn't be released until 2015!
     So like any normal reader, I googled the Chronicles and obsessed over everything. I read theories. I stalked it on Goodreads, Pinterest, Tumblr. I liked all the Facebook pages.
     And then....one fateful day... I read that Winter had been postponed  until December of 2015.
     NO.
     But alas, it was true. Shortly after Fairest was announced, and I was slightly soothed.
     Slightly.
     But anyways.
     I am beyond excited for this book. There's just something about preordering a book, you know? When release day comes around I constantly look out the window, waiting for the mail to come. And when it does I run out the door, meet the UPS man halfway up the driveway, and tear through the house like a madwoman.

     I fully expect this to be the case on January 27th.

     So what am I looking forward to about Fairest? To start, it's a whole book on Levana. One of the most interesting (and possibly complex) characters of the whole series. A villain. A queen. A tyrant. Levana is cruel, heartless (or so she seems), and vicious, but she also held my interest like few of the other characters could. She's intriguing.
     And a whole book about her is definitely something to be excited about. I'm expecting:

  • A (possibly dead) love interest
  • Lots of secrecy and betrayal 
  • SIBLING DRAMA. Channary and Levana were in a constant state of catfight-y-ness and no one can convince me otherwise.
  • Exploration of Luna, Lunar customs and government, Lunar society...Lunar everything.

All Fall Down
     I am a huge fan of Ally Carter. Her Heist Society trilogy (hopefully soon-to-be saga?) is one of my favorite series, and Hale is forever my standard of male sidekicks in YA lit. Gallagher Girls is also a favorite (but not quite as high-up as HS).
     So, naturally, I'm excited for a new Carter book! And the premise on this one is super intriguing. Grace, from the preview I read a few months ago, seems like she's going to quickly become a favorite with me. And I'm really looking forward to meeting the other kids of Embassy Row--and getting the other books in this series!
      Given that this is a brand new series, I don't have much to go on and can't guess much about what it'll be like. But here's what I'm thinking so far:

  • As always with Ally, a hilarious protagonist and a memorable set of characters (with one Hale-like guy, thank you very much).
  • Political drama. Can security guards be imposed upon Grace? I think that would turn out super funny.
  • Lots of feels. Going into it, we know that Grace's parents are dead (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that her mother's death still haunts her. Sounds like a recipe for serious damage to my poor fangirl heart.
  • Plot twists galore. Ally Carter always manages to come up with something that makes me go "What?? No way!" and then plow through the rest of the book. I'll avoid spoilers, but there are a few I can think of from Heist Society and a LOT from Gallagher Girls. 
So there it is, guys. We'll see how these two pan out (I'm expecting them to be amazing) on the 27th!
Till next book,

No comments:

Post a Comment